Friday 6 November 2009

The best things in life are free







One of my friends is downsizing, having to condense her three double wardrobes into one before the end of the month. She's a couple of years older than me with a taste for the finer things in life, five star holidays, cruises and expensive labels.

For the past few weeks a group of girlfriends have spent Thursday evenings in her bedroom with a few glasses of wine and some party nibbles. Outfits that haven't seen the light of day since the mid '80's, designer handbags, unworn shoes and cruise wear are all picked over, tried on and cast aside into three piles - keeping, selling and donating to charity. As the wine flows more freely the more ruthless we become, rolling around in hilarity at the white hot pants and snow washed denim and strutting around in marabou trimmed slippers, pillbox hats and beaded dresses.

No-one comes away empty handed. Everyone is encouraged to try on styles and colours they'd never dream of and are often pleasantly surprised at the end result.
Needless to say she's now got a neat and tidy wardrobe and all of ours are bursting at the seams.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, just like Sex and The City! I hope you took lots of pictures. LOVE those D&G earrings - very J Lo circa 1999! :)

    PS. It's me, Jen aka Pretty Penniless! Slowly moving myself over to Blogger with a new name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jen! I was wondering how I was gonna find you! Those earrings looked much more attractive after a few glasses of wine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds like fun :) I love the hareem pants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix