Sunday 15 November 2009

The rip-off dress


















I was speechless with excitement when I found this beautiful 1950's era dress at a jumble sale last September. In shimmering green satin overlaid with delicate lace, internal boning and bracelet sleeves (and in perfect condition) I happily handed my cash over already imagining how it would look with my TopShop platform shoes.


My pleasure was soon replaced by shock when an elderly lady gave me a dressing down, telling me I was an idiot for spending so much money on a second-hand garment and hadn't I ever been to a jumble sale before? She said I had a lot to learn if I wasn't going to be ripped off left, right and centre.

And how much was this dress I hear you ask? A bank busting £1!

2 comments:

  1. OMG haha,
    dude, I'd be ecstatic to find a dress for under a fiver at any local boot sale round here!
    *wonders what planet the little old lady was living on*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've become quite friendly now! Whenever we see each other she reminds me not to get too carried away and pay too much for anything. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix